My ovaries are in overdrive right now. Never mind that they are each the only house on a dead-end cul-de-sac: it seems everyone I know is currently gestating or waiting for a belly button to dry up and fall off or something equally nurturing and adorable. To be completely honest, I’m thrilled for all my friend and their beautiful families, but it stings a bit to watch folks celebrating something I don’t get to do. Kind of like being the only kid in the class who didn’t get invited to the party.
On that note, I will move on to something completely different. Unless I start a blog tradition called “Feeling Sorry For Myself Fridays,” moping is off the agenda.
I popped over to see what is up at WhatIMeant2Say tonight, I found that she published a post a few days back that asked her to write six “facts” about herself and invite readers to separate the truth from the lies.
Here’s the challenge: read the following six statements. In the comments at the bottom of the page (not below the link on Facebook if that’s how you get here for a visit) identify the numbers of the statements that are lies. The first person to get all the answers right will receive a super-secret but awesome prize.
Kay’s update: half the list is true. You must pick three lies. Sorry for the miscommunication.
1. When I was a grocery store cashier, I made customers scan their own live lobsters.
2. My parents dressed me mostly in boy clothes for the first year and a half of my life.
3. I trained Sherman to ring a bell hanging at the back door when he needs to “go.”
4. I have a photo of Audrey Hepburn and my painting of Jim Morrison leaning against the wall in my livingroom.
5. I have only the first line of a little elephant tattoo because I chickened out a little too late.
6. A sheep broke both my finger and my nose, on separate occasions.
What do you think readers?
(Mom, you’re officially disqualified because you know too much.)
copyright 2012: http://bluespeckledpup.com