The Off-Site Bakery: Stalled

I called this morning to see if there was any news following yesterday’s meeting to decide the fate of our gestational surrogacy plans. We have been waiting since early July for this news and were not present for the meeting. I received the return call while I was teaching, so I could only speak to the clinic representative briefly. Here’s what I know:

A decision has still not been reached.

There is no timeline for a decision to be reached, despite our doctor’s best efforts.

We cannot move forward.

I am gutted.

I did not cry in class, just barely, and somehow managed to hold it in until I got home. I feel like I’ve been emotionally wrung out like an old sponge. Today was a long, long Tuesday.

Share with the group?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s