The Hitching Post

The Electrician and I went to Canmore with our families this weekend, which is one of our favourite places to vacation. It’s only a little more than a four hour trip to the mountains, and we never get tired of the incredible scenery and what my sweetie calls “crisp, fresh mountain air.” We were lucky that his sister and her little boy, as well as his parents, are all home at the same time from overseas this summer.

I seem to take a great many photos from hotel parking lots.

The Canadian Rockies are a fabulous place to elope. I could not have asked for a more perfect wedding day, from the weather on down the list.

We kept the whole works a secret until three weeks ago, when we asked our immediate families and a couple dear friends to join us in the mountains to watch us exchange vows. My husband (yippee!) and I have been working on our wedding day since the middle of April when our super secret matrimonial plan started taking shape. It was the best secret ever, and also the most difficult to keep to myself.

I’m the girl in the white dress. We took pictures at Banff’s Cascade Ponds following the ceremony.

I’ll share more details in my next post, since I am off with my mister to row a canoe around glorious Lake Louise. I do, however, want to share the closing of our wedding ceremony with you, since it we used it as the motto to our day, and also feel it represents how we’ve felt about one another from very early in our relationship.

And what do all the great words come to in the end, but that?

I love you — I am at rest with you — I have come home.

–Dorothy Sayers

copyright 2012:  http://bluespeckledpup.com

Advertisements

19 Comments Add yours

1. Lynn says:

Big, fat, puffy heart CONGRATULATIONS to you & the electrician! (And by proxy, Sherman and Leroy.) What a fabulous secret. I hope you had a wonderful, special day filled with love and your sweet families. What a shocking surprise, but definitely one of the best kind. Have a lovely honeymoon Mrs. Electrician.

1. Awww, to the big, fat, puffy heart. Thank you! Our little family is so happy to be in wedded bliss. We’re thinking of a honeymoon in the spring, but right now I’m back at school and expecting the kiddies to be in their desks tomorrow.

2. OMG!!!! I had to read that line twice about eloping!!!!! Congratulations to you and the Electrician. I love the quote, and think that it is a wonderful sentiment for your relationship!

1. Thank you for the good wishes! Eloping was romantic and an intimate moment to share with those closest to us.

3. Jo Dee says:

Congratulations, Kay, how fabulous!!!!!! I didn’t have a clue it was to be this weekend! Very happy for you and your sweetie! What a glriously beautiful spot. MUCH HAPPINESS FOR YOU:)

1. Thank you Jo Dee! Do you remember me saying in an email that I was working on a big, secret project? It was a project with a matrimonial theme, and it turned out beautifully.

4. liz4short says:

I’m so happy for you!! That looks like a gorgeous place to wed and I love your choice of an intimate, joyous wedding. Congratulations to you and your husband. LOL at “husband (yippee!). You and the electrician make a beautiful couple inside and out~~

1. Oh, thank you Liz. We are so happy to be married and looking forward to the rest of our lives to love each other.

5. lexy3587 says:

Congrats! What a beautiful place to get married 🙂

1. It was a perfect day! Thank you so much.

6. RP says:

Just discovered your blog recently — congratulations! Gorgeous backdrop for your ceremony.

1. Thank you, and welcome! The photo you see is actually of one of the spots we took photos. Stay tuned for the ceremony photos.

7. carolrood says:

Catching up Kay. SO SO Happy for you! I was so excited to read you eloped with The Electrician. I know you will both be awesome for each other!!! YAY!!!

1. Thanks Carol! Married life has been so wonderful thus far, which I guess is what happens when a person chooses a fantastic spouse.

Share with the group?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s